Thursday, July 4, 2013

Barombi Trip #2

Saturday, June 8, 2013

After training this morning, a few members of CFDP’s Kumba Management Team and I took another day trip to Barombi Village. Barombi is a very small, rural, remotely located village outside of Kumba where people live without electricity, and until a few years ago, running water. The University of Dayton in Dayton, Ohio has a civil engineering program that works extensively in Barombi Village. It was through this program that Justin Forzano, the founder and CEO of CFDP, originally came to Cameroon. Justin came to Cameroon with a group of student engineers that installed a water system in Barombi to give people there their first ever source of running water. This summer, Dayton has sent another group of student engineers whose project is to install filters on all the fountains from the water project that Justin completed that will soon make the running water in Barombi drinkable for their people. These students arrived in Cameroon just two weeks ago, so I wanted to go to Barombi to meet up with them. Just like my last trip to Barombi, we walked an hour through the woods to get there, and took a 30-minute canoe ride across a lake to get back.


I didn’t take many pictures of the village this time since I have some posted from my first trip there a few weeks ago. But unlike last time, I did get to play ball with some of the village boys, so I made sure to get some pictures of that:








No comments:

Post a Comment